Earlier last week I showed you the Kate Moss for Rimmel London eyeshadows. While they were pretty fabulous, I think todays pieces are way more exciting. However, that could be because I am totally loving lipstick right now.
Yep, todays post is about the brand spanking new Rimmel London lipsticks that were created by Kate Moss herself. If you ask me, she has perfect lips and I totally want her pout for myself. Accessing lippies made by the lady herself would obviously get me that much closer to my dream of being her, right?
Seriously, look at her lips. They are perfection.
From what I can tell, the colour availability differs between countries. According to WWD, the collection includes 15 shades in total. So far, only the Rimmel London UK website has the collection up and it is only showing 7 shades. I know that Australia has 9 shades on offer, and at the moment the USA has zero as it is set to launch there in January 2012.
For now, I will just show you the colours I have, and as more information comes to light I will update you.
L-R: #05, #11, #14 and #15
A soft strawberry pink shade. Opaque with one heavy swipe and leaves a soft pinky stain on the lips as it fades. There is quite a bit of noticeable shimmer upon fading, but when fresh it just looks like a healthy sheen.
(I do not know what that black dot is. So annoying!)
Berry pink red. Looks moist and somewhat sheer with the first swipe, but each swipe there after intensifies the red colour. It is the longest lasting out of the four I tried but that is usually the case with reds as vibrant as this. I definitely recommend applying with a lip brush for precision if you are not the greatest at applying straight from the tube, exhibit A …
I am not the greatest at picking undertones but I would say this nude leans towards a yellow undertone. It is really creamy and it only takes one swipe for opaque. I think it is a really wearable beige-nude and the lack of shimmer makes it suitable for all ages. This one is winning my Favourite Nudes for summer contest right now (and yes, that contest is in my brain).
I have to say it. I like this one the least. Actually, I don’t like it at all. I think it is just too ‘out there’ for me. I am definitely a girl who likes ‘pretty’ and ‘sexy’, where as this colour to me is ‘daring’. The colour is really unique. Purple silver base lending more blue than red, with silver micro glitter. It is a sheer shade and I found getting even colour coverage a bit difficult, however, I have a feeling that is kind of the point of this lipstick. It looks multi-tonal and I think it would add a lot of dimension to certain looks. I can think of 50 people off the top of my head that it would look amazing on …. but I am not one of them.
What I Say ….
Here are my thoughts on the lipsticks overall.
Closed lipstick bullets
- Packaging = very good looking. The cute bullets are matte black with a shiny black band in the middle, and ‘Kate’ signed in red on the lid. Atop the lid also has an engraved Rimmel crown shape.
- They are light and easy to hold, but the lids secure quite nicely so I have no really qualms about throwing these loose in my bag.
- At the bottom, each lipstick has its shade number on a label that colour matches the lipstick. I like this because I want to be able to know which colour lipstick I am reaching for without having to open the lid. Minor, but important to me.
- The lipstick formulas are really smooth. I had no lip-drying-out issues and they applied easily straight from the tube.
- The colour range appears to be varied enough but I would still like to see all 15 shades become available in each country, rather than a select few in each.
- I like how all of the lipsticks aren’t super shiny or glossy, but instead have a moist, healthy sheen. To me that is far more wearable, and if I want high shine I can just add a lipgloss on top.
- For the price (see the Details section below) I think they are really good value for money. They work and last like some of the more expensive lipsticks in my collection.
- I would prefer if the colours had names as opposed to numbers. Well, they can keep the numbers but add names as well.
Single swipe swatches in Natural Light
Single swipe swatches with Flash
What Rimmel London Say ….
Amazing alluring shades developed by Kate for RIMMEL. Exclusive signature pack, smooth on pure London class with the Iconic Lasting Finish Kate lipstick. A true chic treat. Unique, sexy and unconventional, just like Kate.
Black Diamond brings incredible new levels of light reflective elements. Creating gorgeous, hypnotizing tones that make you look, then look again. Wow.
Get ready to fall in love with your new signature colour that capture all the flair, edge and timelessness of Kate’s unique look.
Information from Rimmel London
Shade #001 (above) is the signature shade
AU $11.95 rrp from Priceline, K-Mart, David Jones, Big W, Coles, Woolworths and selected pharmacies. Available in 9 shades. Stay tuned to the Rimmel London Australia website for more information.
US $5.17 rrp from January 2012. Stay tuned to the Rimmel London USA website for more information.
What do you think of the new lipsticks from Kate Moss? Any colours take your fancy? Do you even care about Kate Moss? Let me know by commenting below!
L-R: #05, #11, #14 and #15
All images are the property of The Plastic Diaries, excluding press images. Use of these images without written consent is prohibited. If you wish to use them please contact me to request permission. Images are taken in natural light and remain unedited, unless otherwise stated.
These products were provided for consideration, in accordance with our Disclosure Policy. All opinions and thoughts expressed in this post are my own and remain 100% uninfluenced.