It seems like every woman and her poodle (my take on the classic ‘man and his dog’) in Australia is in love with Lanolips. Until a few weeks ago, I had never even looked at a tube. Sure, I had heard all the hype but there was just one thing that steered me away from wanting to give it a go ….. the Lanolin.
As you can probably guess by the name, Lanolips does contain Lanolin, which I had always heard was bad for you. Obviously this is open to debate, but the more I looked into it I found that the natural Lanolin product itself isn’t bad for you. One of the beliefs is that Lanolin in cosmetic products became carcinogenic because of the pesticides used on crops and on the sheep themselves. Others argue that it is the additives and preservatives used when developing the pure Lanolin into cosmetic products.
Clearly I am no scientist but what I now understand is that 100% pure, medical grade Lanolin is perfectly safe, actually it is really good for you … and that is exactly what is in Lanolips.
After getting over the research hurdle I logged on to Adore Beauty ready to buy myself a tube. I know heaps of girls who swear by Lemonaid Lip Aid and 101 Ointment but when I saw they have a version with colour and SPF 15, my mind was made up.
What I Say ….
- Their are 5 ‘flavours’ to choose from – Rhubarb, Rose, Apples, Sunshine and Dark Honey. I love Apple flavoured anything so that choice was easy for me.
- The scent is very light and not too sweet, perfect if you like to apply lots throughout the day and don’t want to be constantly overwhelmed with fragrance.
- The colour reminds me of a perfectly ripe Red Delicious apple (my favourite kind). On the lips it is a little less bold and looks a bit more like a red tint. I find you have to be careful with not getting it on the outside of your lips otherwise it looks like you have just had a giant glass of red cordial.
- The formula itself isn’t too sticky, much better than other lip glosses, but getting your hair stuck in it still isn’t pleasant.
- I do find it moisturising to an extent but it isn’t one I would highly rank for super dry lips like mine. If you already nicely hydrated than this one would be great.
- The tube packaging is pretty secure and the lid screws on tight. I think this is why I haven’t had any mishaps resulting in a bag full of lip gloss. A rather usual occurrence for me.
- The tip is rather ‘ointment’ like and has no slant or anything to apply it directly to your lips. If you prefer applying gloss with your finger than this will work well for you. If you prefer to apply straight from the tube than this packaging can be a little uncomfortable. I personally would prefer if this had a ragular slanted applicator.
- IT HAS SPF 15!!! An absolute must for year round protection. It doesn’t matter where you are or what you are doing, always be protected.
I am going to be using this balm lots for the cooler months because it provides a great barrier from harsh wind and cold air. Lanolin is well known for performing a barrier from the elements and the addition of some colour, a pleasant fragrance and SPF makes this a winter winner.
What Lanolips Say ….
It’s got the looks and the brains, combining Lanolips™ signature Medical Grade Lanolin with pure pigment and SPF 15. Available in five must-have shades: Rhubarb, Rose, Apples, Sunshine and Dark Honey; Lanolips™ Lip Ointment with Colour SPF15 is a very rich combination of naturally glossy, non-sticky & super hydration, with the added benefit of SPF 15. Contains only the world’s finest lanolin. Dermatalogically tested. All Lanolips products are animal cruelty free.
Information and image sourced from Lanolips