For the most part, facial cleansers are kind of the ‘easy’ skincare product to buy. As long as you don’t have an allergic reaction, have a scent you find offensive or make you even more oily/dry than usual, than you can’t go too wrong. Having said that, finding a facial cleanser that does more than remove dirt is far and few between. When I tried this NeoStrata cleanser, I thought it would just be another cleanser with nothing to write home about. I was wrong.
- The first thing I noticed was how miniature the small round bottle (100ml) looked. It has a toggle lid which I like for products I use in the shower (yes, I wash my face in the shower), but I found the actual bottle a little hard to squeeze. Granted, I am weak as.
- The formula is like a liquid-gel so it is easy to spread and use, but not so runny that it falls out of your hand before you can get it to your face.
- There is no fragrance and no colouring. I love that it is just focusing on doing its job.
- It contains 4% gluconolactone which really helps to loosen that dead, unwanted skin and dirt. It is like a very light chemical exfoliation everyday. If you use a physical one I would recommend giving this a go.
- Surprisingly, it wasn’t drying at all. Even my dry skin still felt supple and refreshed with everyday use.
- Another thing I noticed … usually when I go through stressful times I get the occasional breakout. I have been undergoing some severely stressful times over the last couple months but have not had one pimple. The only thing that has changed is this cleanser so it is a miracle to me.
- It does say you can remove makeup with this cleanser, and I had no problem doing so, but when I wear heavy makeup I like to double cleanse and in this case I didn’t like to double cleanse with this product because I felt it was too wasteful for such a good product. Am I a little crazy, or what?
What NeoStrata Say ….
NeoStrata Facial Cleanser leaves skin feeling clean with a smooth refined texture.
This oil-free, soap-free, non-drying formulation gently exfoliates to thoroughly clean and remove make-up. An ideal first step in a daily skin care regimen using the NeoStrata range.
AUS $35 rrp from pharmacies
Have you tried anything by NeoStrata before? Are you a fan of chemical exfoliants? Let me know by commenting below!
All images are the property of The Plastic Diaries, excluding press images. Use of these images without written consent is prohibited. If you wish to use them please contact me to request permission. Images are taken in natural light and remain unedited, unless otherwise stated.
This product was provided for consideration, in accordance with our Disclosure Policy. All opinions and thoughts expressed in this post are the authors own and remain 100% uninfluenced.
This post contains an affiliate link, which gives us commission when you click and purchase something from that link. You do not pay any more for the item by shopping through an affiliate link than you would through a regular link. When you shop through an affiliate link on The Plastic Diaries, you help support the site. To learn more, please visit our Affiliates page.